Saturday, November 8, 2008

More time with Sydney

Our next day in Sydney was just as wonderful as the rest. We headed to the Royal Botanic Gardens. Look at how welcoming they are!

Welcome to the Royal Botanic Gardens & the Domain
Please walk on the grass
We also invite you to smell the roses, hug the trees, talk to the birds and picnic on the lawns.
Are they kidding?!?!


I don't know, I may have to revise my view that Disneyworld is the happiest place on earth. This place is ridiculous! (in a good way)

It is such a gorgeous place, and we had a stunning day for exploring. Here's a few more photos:


The Gardens

Cool trees with crazy roots

Trying to blind myself for the sake of photography

The Gardens are littered with bats that fly around during the day. Seeing them is a bit disconcerting at first, but after a while, they just seem cool.


And these guys were as common here as pigeons are in the US, only they are much prettier!


Apparently the bird show the day before turned me into a bird lover, because I thought this guy (and his fuzzy pom-pom plant) was very cool as well.


The views of the city from the Gardens are great.


Especially this one:


I'm smitten. I'm in deep smit.

(Uh oh. The last time I used that line it was
about another city... perhaps Sydney will have to be my mistress?)

More on this day tomorrow. There's just too much to show you from October 8th!

No comments:

Post a Comment