Thursday, November 6, 2008

...to the reef

Avoiding the beach/warm weather/sand/drinks served in coconuts/swimming for the entirety of the first 5 years and 9 months we had been together, we found ourselves snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef. Totally out of our element, but totally amazing.

I mean, check out the outfits! How can you say no to an opportunity to look this cool?


And with scenery this beautiful?


We really had an amazing time, swimming with the sea turtles...


...and a shark!


This is the shark's happy face...I hope.

I followed this shark around for a while as he swam on the ocean floor. He was about 20 feet below me. And I don't think he saw me. And he didn't look hungry. I guess. It sounds dumb when I type it, but it seemed ok at the time. And it was fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment