Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I'm thankful for

This.


And this.


Especially this.



Patrick slaved all day by the stove cooking for us today...


...ha! But honestly, Patrick is an awesome guest - very helpful.

Except when he complains about our music selections.

The star of our Thanksgiving show is always the stuffing, my grandmother's recipe. I love that while I never knew her, I still get to pay tribute to her every November.

There is a ton (a ton! so much that I make it in a giant vat) of stuff in this stuffing. And one, basic, store-bought ingredient. I know, I know, it's semi-homemade. :( But let's not call it that. It is awesome and so what if I use store-bought stuffing mix. This is much better than anything Sandra Lee could make.


And then the turkey. That's pretty good as well. It's a 24 hour process from refrigerator to table, but well worth it.


And then everything else. Our stove top was working over-time today. And that's where Patrick came in. He's excellent at making roux. If you ever need help with that, give him a call!


In fact, everyone chipped in. Those pies in the first picture? They are courtesy of my mom's oven. And they were awesome.

We had a great Thanksgiving today on Southport. I hope you all did as well!


1 comment: