Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy NaBloPoMo! and Halloween!

Bless Patrick.

Alex and I are in Durham this weekend visiting my brother Patrick. We've had a lovely time and were totally flattered when he asked us to go to his fraternity party last night. Bless his heart. He thought we were cool enough to join him. :)

Given the timing of the party (last night), it was a Halloween party. I've never been big on dressing up for Halloween, well, at least during the most recent half of my life, but I came up with a good idea that was subtle and did not require any annoying hat, makeup, outfit, etc. It suited me perfectly.


Me, as a devil.
Patrick, as Patrick with an aluminum foil bracelet.


And so Alex and I hung out with a whole slew of kids half our age last night (OK, maybe not half, but some were 15 years younger than me - wow, how is it possible that people 15 years younger than me can party???).

OK, typing that last paragraph and going to that party made me feel particularly ancient. But we did manage to stay out until just before midnight after seeing all of the craziness we could manage to see. And you know what? Upon reflection, I think I like being old.
College was fun, but life's been good to me so far. :)

Joe Walsh agreeing, "Life's been good to me so far."
Taken by me, surreptitiously, at a party I went to.

No comments:

Post a Comment