Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Last stop in New Zealand: Christchurch!

(Note: if you missed yesterday's post, or if you read yesterday's post and didn't leave a comment, please do. I'd love your opinions! Thank you to Tracy for being 1st to post!)

We spent our last day in New Zealand in Christchurch, the largest city on the South Island. And of course, we saw Christ Church in Christchurch. I mean, why wouldn't you?


Anyway, we arrived in Christchurch in time to eat lunch. We ate an absolutely terrific pizza. It was so pretty, I must show you:

It was also so tasty, I have to remember what was on it so I can order all future pizzas with these toppings. :)

Nourished with tasty pizza, we walked around town and found our way to the main square and Christ Church.


Across from Christ Church, we saw one of these.


And anyone who watches the Flight of the Conchords knows why I got a kick out of it. But for those of you that do not know why I get a kick out of a Kebab stand, have never heard a New Zealander (New Zealandite?) say "kebab," or missed this episode, look no further than here.

(On a related note, Alex and I were giddy listening to the people talk. Everyone sounds like Murray! It was so great that I spent a great deal of our flight to Tokyo listening to the Flight o
f the Conchords soundtrack on Air New Zealand's fantastic entertainment system.)

From Christ Church, we made our way to Christchurch Botanical Gardens, which were beautiful.

Spring most certainly has sprung!

What on earth is this flower? It looks like this plant ate a parrot!


After a lovely day in the city, Alex and I enjoyed a fantastic dinner at 50 on Park at the George Hotel. Such a nice day. The Southern Hemisphere is such a great place.

No comments:

Post a Comment