Friday, November 5, 2010

Sleepy face

Perhaps one of the best things about being a mom is watching a little person's personality develop from scratch.

Little Will started out as an adorable screaming blob who, like any newborn, ate, slept, and pooped on a continuous loop - day in, day out - and that was about it. At first, our job as parents was to learn how to take care of a baby.

But over time, our jobs shifted from learning how to take care of a baby to knowing how to take care of our baby. In the beginning, everyone knew how to take care of our baby better than us. Now, no one knows how to take care of our baby better than us. And I love that. Little Will is turning into a little person with little quirks of his own, and I get a front row seat to their development.

Which brings me to his latest and my current favorite: sleepy face.


Ahhhhh, sleepy face. It happens when I least expect it. I turn to see what my quiet little man is up to and bam! this is what I see:



big blue eyes, focused intently, staring me down. What is happening to me mommy? Why do I feel like the world is slowing down? Why does my body feel so heavy??

It's ok little man. Take a nap. I'll be here when you wake up so you can show me your next new trick. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment