Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Do my new links make me look cool?

I like to think of myself as an atypical girl, but deep down, I'm still a girl, so I find today's title fitting. Instead of - do these pants make me look fat? I go with - does adding Barney's blog and the Sports Guy's World to my list of links make me look cool? And frankly, I don't want to know about my pants and any appearance of corpulence. Who does really? I guess that isn't the point. The point is for you to say - no, you don't look fat. And to me: yes, you do seem cool.


You all know how much I adore Ho
w I Met Your Mother, and one of my favorite things about the show is the resurgence of NPH. While I harbored an abnormal level of jealousy over Doogie Howser's achievements as a child, I got over it (by realizing he was only a TV character) and decided he was a-ok.


When he emerged from years of hiding to play himself in Harold & Kumar, I was delighted. When he found a regular gig on HIMYM, I made it a point to watch. I don't know why I've only now started reading this when such gems as the following explanation of my current level of lameness were only just a few clicks away:

Source: Barney's blog

While I've just started perusing Barney's blog, I used to read the Sports Guy religiously. For years. Then I just stopped. I'm not sure why. Maybe it was because I got married and decided I no longer needed to impress guys with my slightly-above-average-for-a-female sports knowledge. Maybe it was because Patrick went away to college and the who-knows-less-about-sports:Patrick-or-Kathleen contests slowed down. Maybe I just got lazy. Whatever it is, I'm back on the wagon. Bill Simmons is hilarious, and his one part sports, one part pop-culture cocktail makes learning enough about sports to communicate with my husband, brothers and colleagues fun and easy! Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I feel honored to be in the links list with the likes of Barney Stinson, Smitten Kitchen and the Wall Street Journal. You are certainly a well-rounded individual. And probably an excellent asset for any team on pub quiz night, what with your knowldege of sports, finance and pop culture from the mid 80's!

    ReplyDelete